sexta-feira, 18 de maio de 2018

A good night sleep calls for confetti and dodgy dance moves

The Good Life has been on my mind
Long overdue, a sigh held tight
Awkward back posture, I reckon
a quake to shatter the frame
to path dusty roads unturned
as I glance over my shoulder
For I did walk away

breathing be my sole curse
of existance a lesser menace
grimace for the sake of kindness
I might not understand but I did care
Let it be that Life starts now
Hard pressed for justification
Let the pulse in the veins instead
Regain the strength to carry on

Where did I go wrong
Wish my brain had been rearranged
Somehow, by beating with this heavy cane
A remedy or a poison, in the end
It all tastes the same

I came to adore hiding my brow
Heavy and insightful
To a living state of mind
Crocked back, lips of deceit
It just might be time to leave

Neutral, not indifferent
Anywhere would had been enough
from here onwards my stead is found
we construct over necessity

Let it be stated my Will is not immortal
it can in due time be cannibalized
serviceable for the effect of consumption
It has it would seem its uses
Once exhaustion settles in
for flying solo, mighty high, is both unbecoming
and sore cause for fractured bones.

I fell under the impression
the truth could be fashioned differently
and I believed it to be peachy
if a tad preachy, neat and supportive
for despicable events and silly escapades
made my best stories, entertaining outlets
of time, in time, again let's do it again..

To negociate one must confer the following dillema
It is not the price that breaks people, as they stale for time
God forbid if I would not abdicate of a limp or two too many
chasing white lies, if only I could I would
I care then, off transparent conseguences devoid of joy
Crossing the tenure of my household threshold whole
And they be dragged, ugly and amorph, thing that shapes to be
the death of me, oh-ohhh thy soul, a state of confusion instilled

I swear I glorify hypocricy to the stage where
upon ruin I would drown rescuing my shadow
from the tyranny of the sun, the cruelty of the moon
Glad to be alive but far too attached, the irony!
So, please please please, do not try to rescue me
Or let me get what I want.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário