domingo, 24 de janeiro de 2021

rather go to hell

 if this dirt that graces my feet

is what separates my future grave from the gates

where angel whispers guard my mother

despite the silence met

the scars left by my journey so far

the graceful passage under the gates must be worthwhile

I'll imagine I would grow indifferent to the horizon

from mighty above, where there is no more struggle 

after all, I suppose I would still hold a grudge

the undertow of what came to pass

like a river that swamps my brethren

and it is compassion that holds me to the ground

self hatred is intoxicating like mulled wine

these seeded chains became familiar

flowers to my bosom, holes to my potted garden 

one I wake up to and I am due return when the slaughter of living smothers me

I cherish the possibility of nurturing new life after the fact

do not deny me L'ord

for that I rather go to hell.

that my friend is too, tough love.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário