sábado, 9 de janeiro de 2021

Chambers of uneasy hearts cased in stained glass

 Chambers of uneasy hearts cased in stained glass


you must understand I prayed to become a better man

worthy of devotion, affection and ease of mind

to serenate locked in arms with yours truly 

in the matter that easily belongs to the past, to the fading stars


locking horns with words my lips conceal

the mere suggestion of farewells and goodbyes little girl

are timely lies we could had told our children

in due time hurt can dilute the truth in a fare dosage

one that is sweet like poison, like her touch resting in my head

on that night, by the beach, under a Buda's statue and a shooting star


the panic, the confusion of thunderous realization of whatever else

one could try, anew more less no I don't know fuck

the wall grown to soften the blows and now treads a motherly touch

warm, firm, strong, welcoming, silent and enduring

it rejects not my anguish and violence and for that I am grateful


it is awkward

my compassion nurtured rightfully so

pity the mirror is broken still

petty, I just won't let that scab alone

I tremble for one day too I will discard this friends

without goodbyes have no doubt

trapped in this shell that unfolds backwards

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário