sexta-feira, 29 de junho de 2018

May your name escape my throat in my final day.

It was a hot summer day
Just like all those now and before
Anyway, you meant to run away
Get riddin' the moment, hurray
I do taste relieve when I wake up
Foul display of apathy, can't escape
To think I could not say it
Admit what I felt was new
Baby I would exchange
The sum of my travels
They did not seem to fortify
My mental, these fears resist
being washed away, cannot board
Dreams, art galleries haunted
By placeholders disfigured
By misunderstandings and blurs
Lay waste to reality
Paint the Moon red and destroy the Sun
Match my equals in battle and so far
Little else compares to your breath
Lingering on my neck as the drums
Skip my heartbeats, fasten by trance
Aching sore dry eyes serenate
Barren wastelands forgo innibit passion
Fastforward a broken state, that boat?
A ship that departed towards nowhere
Might as well keep walking
I breath easy only if I keep talking
Scared I forget to stand tall
Taxing true, as a hurricane at sea
And break yet another promise
I never intent to keep so close
though it seems only some golden words
worthwhile to trade for hope and a smile
Fortune was not what I was hearing
Then again rain makes for a fit companion
when everyone else moves on
so far from home, where is this place
God I forget to make up
a new condoned outbreak
Infect your ears with symphony
Baby it is not a zombie morphic state
I just gotta keep on sleepwalking
and perhaps you won't look so distant
Asia, America, Africa? Where do I need to be..
May your name escape my throat in my final day.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário