quinta-feira, 16 de março de 2017

Send me a guardian angel, mine has retired.

The ol' farmer boy course was steep
Leaning to the reminiscent type sort of ways
Daydreaming a landscape embellished with fairness and grass
Carelessness force fed the sheep into madness
For chaos filters through enigmatic and obscure circumstances.
They went and fell on the crack
Now they hang by the rope meant to keep them safe
Their voices unheard. Here, a guardian sleeping; their future extinct.

Children, as they say, j'accuse!, say the darnest things!
Tongues far too loose, hungry and earnest minds
Filled with questions that should remain unanswered
For we already possess the mold, the final solution
Know this and repeat after me. Fact, historical, period.

I worry, truly, I do.
As a common fellow, frail, man, at that.
Were I allowed, in this moment of weakness
To roll through the fire of embarrassment
To commit the offense of declaring a genuine bankrupt
For my soul, from time to time at least, cracks and gives in
Emotions afloat, abrupt even, fearful out of present and past doubts
Failure, or rather, that possibility is weary and heavy.
If I am made to choose where to step
Will I be ok with that?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário