quinta-feira, 23 de março de 2023

hunger

the commital to tear flesh from the bone

off the sacred sacrifice and become satisfied with sated breath

held in holy memory to those buried under the hurricane

rushing towards open windows, annihilation knocking at the door

moaning 'bout it so unbecoming and quite frankly, uncivilized

monkey see monkey do, as speech impairdement have me at a lose

condeemed to be dead, for the dead unloved, for the living labour

break you fool, bend to tune of the zombie dance

is the season for shattered bones and mirages

beaty blossoms in heat 

it appears to me such a tragedy

once the drop occurs

the leave does not penetrate the ground

to reach the other side of gravity

elevated upsite down, surely

for the chaos has to be accidental

and the knock-on effect unplanned, unfortunate, unrelenting

steadfast to hope so you may too try to belong to the other side friend.

 __________________________________________________________________________

mutiny, fires adrift

this raft was doomed to the sea

a misfire propelled from desperation

faced upon a bullet and a threat to life

prayers alone cannot save us all

for the ocean cares little for whose bones

shape and age alike they are embraced to the depths

united at once to feed the fishes, back to the cycle that betrays

stealing breath and regaining land from the ground

they make a mockery of our costumes

I reach for the pillow to better smoother and be put to sleep

so them may share in the bliss of silence

spared the troubles of mispeaking, the harm lengths unbound

frail minds tick a tad wider and the mind crashes, caving in

pouring out blurs of reason, a massacre to the senses

infections that demand a pronounced painkiller

be it coke or caffeine, a fix-me-up before I wake up ready to face another day

numb to the struggle, nodding to let the dust adrift 'till it is all over.

__________________________________________________________________________

I have contracted sin

I have enough to spare, 

have a taste and grill alongside me,

if I tell the truth they distort it

they weaponize it against me

bourne reached, implode

the very last song I will sing

will be for a hand to reach out

a contraction that denies

fleeting, I hope my tome of fire

confined to the halls we learnt from

 do you not understand the camera lies?

so go ahead: smile as you take a bite

leave a hand behind you lose all control

in it I hold the antidote

the thought alone confort

despite the moral panic that walks besides

the crush of bone,

the sight and nerve

of being devoured semi-whole.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário