terça-feira, 26 de julho de 2022

pulled curtains at sunrise

 the very earth is burning, enough to be taken from me

this lothing, this feverish relentless everlasting bad to worse tendencies

erupt already you fiend, concede defeat in this hellish wave

the one of many to come should we not repent.

 

vanity is taken for granted and I feel no shame

it pains me to no end to drag the carnage forward

to satisfy peace of mind we condeem others to the evidence

we partake of their flesh in binding, desperate, love intrusions

take shelter in the skin leaving no space, leapfrog to the end

peel off this hunger layer by bite by nail by eye

break bones, break a sweat, no turning back now.


can one capture this bark shell of instinct

and institutionalize it, frame the middle man

to compensate for his lost we shall blurry the screen

ofuscate the audience and keep them guessing

it adds to the dramatic effect and delays repeating lines

no need for subtitles for the lost and those confused

by the time they realize the crime we will be far away.

 

my memoirs hurt me

anxiety steals my breath

a sort of phantom pain chases me in the silence

I stop, I break

I begin to dream again, in those moments I do not bleed

nor know who I am

in a silver ring I linger a promise to try

and so I drag myself towards a perceived finishing line,

may it be allowed.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário