domingo, 12 de abril de 2020

Guardian Angel

I felt the simplicity of it all shatter my mingle hope wide open
eaten alive to the spectacle of my feeble family support
a weaker attempt at, insinuations that ignite a fire within
to try one best does not equate success and I do resent
I must confess discontent
ironic that it translate to the drag of an eraser on coarse paper sheets
more destructive than otherwise meant to be

darling I do not call for I do not care
to pay attention to what is not worth saving
to commute and bless thy being, as you are
It is suffocating to barely tolerate, it burns my throat
I am just the way they left me and nothing will bring back
my rosy fantasies that we clearly share

Have no faith dear one, I am not the one worth saving
but yesterday I did care a little more and else
my guardian angel too weeps and believes it is time
to leave behind a poisonous land where the dance floor
has been soiled by eyes fixated on the wall and missing the point;
not on the eyes, on the rhythm and the soundtrack
less on the lips or the waiving of the hands
and so much more on the repetitive jukebox
what a fucking waste of the quarter I found by the door

quite frankly speaking I fear I will collapse under a spell
of indisposition should our eyes meet once again
and thereon my very soul be bound for eternity once again
worse still, and this a fate not worth living at all, I crave It

and that would be F'I'N'E if it matched the pulse of reality
but look here, it is emotionally unstable to have a problem with being good as one is without needing to catch-up? I put it all behind and got no intention of shattering my nostalgia with what you are as you are if you are not gonna feed my neurotically batshit crazy delusions.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário