quinta-feira, 15 de outubro de 2015

Pour me

I drink to forget I am alive
I drink to forget I know you
I drink to forget I survived

In order to howl to the moon
Without looking half-baked
Effort brings the cake home
Poor me, oh poor me
Do pour me another
I haven't the faintest idea
What I ought to moan of late
I might faint, I might explode
Due to lack of enthusiasm
Should come to no surprise
How much more needy
I wished I had no control
Pull the trigger and boom
No limit, effortlessly fading
Away to the bottom of the next
Bottle that would, could be
My sole comfort and support
When things are rough
When life gets harsh
I drink to forget why I started

Shot the next man you see
Shot the messenger
The glass knocking at wood
Shall bring me better luck
Pour me another
I came from a broken home
And I got a worse excuse to go back to
Take pity at this soul
And let him sing his anguish through liquor
His throat will grow tired
Set aflame again and again
'It' has grown worse off late
I throw back some for the sheer amusement
Hoping to kill boredom
My bed composes of glass shards and agony
Vomit for a blanket and self-loathing instead
of a much needed shower
Ahah but you itch are nearly out of my mind

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário