sábado, 8 de agosto de 2015

It's Augusto, or so they say. Be proud

Ol' good dope days
When I smacked my toes on trees
Hammered rocks for a laugh
Bumped my head on the concrete
More than once
It hurt, somewhat
I slipped, I swear
Or I would, given the allowance to lie
hard times ahead, look at the chances past
Were I that young again
Ol' good dope days
When I was naive and the days light
I could say good-bye to the sunset
Shouting for God to watch over my own
I could sing out loud
Without being considered insane
Ol' good dope days
When I felt as I woke up
That I had already won
Seize the day, no need to conquer
Or pay with labor the cost of survival
I got watched over, babysat, safe and sound
Ol' good dope days
When I was known by my sympathy
A gentle soul of sorts
Nice and all that shit
I fed spiders and did NOT step on ants
I rhymed on accident and enjoyed it
Spent time watching candles burn
Molded the wax on my hand
Gifts for my beloved ones
Ol' good dope days
I was afraid of the dark
And everything black
Nowadays I no longer fancy the reflection
And it powers it might hold
I break all mirrors
Dying just that extra bit inside
Ol' good dope days
When I shared my birthday
And all my friends played tag (not it!)
Guess I shouldn't have pushed them over the ledge
Broke their legs, misunderstood their advise
Shut down their invites, forgotten their names
Yet somethings never truly change
I paralyzed every time I heard my name
Signal that I was about to get shout at
Figure that's why I hold so many nicknames
My spine shivers, I cant stand tall
I never grew up to that part
Be proud, they said
They were proud, they said
Who's we I ask? No one answers.
Indeed a shovel and a hand-fist of dirt
Can truly break someone's heart.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário